The parents of a 13-year-old girl were forced to make the heartbreaking decision to remove the girl’s life support after a traumatic incident occurred during a sleepover

The parents of a 13-year-old girl were forced to make the heartbreaking decision to remove the girl's life support after a traumatic incident occurred during a sleepover

Ally Langdon of Australia couldn’t hide her heartbreak as she spoke with a mother and father who were forced to make the agonizing decision to end the life of their own daughter, whom they had brought into the world only 13 years before.

Langdon, a mother, struggled to hold back her tears when the young girl died as a result of the popular chroming trend.

Andrea and Paul Haynes opened up to host Ally Langdon about the tragic loss of their 13-year-old daughter, Esra Haynes, during their appearance on A Current Affair.

They described how Esra’s life was cut short due to her participation in chroming, a social media phenomenon that involves inhaling hazardous substances through the mouth or nose in order to achieve a state of intoxication.

Langdon, a mother, struggled to hold back her tears when the young girl died as a result of the popular chroming trend.
IMAGE: A Current Affair

The Montrose Football Netball Club described Esra as “resolute, enjoyable, mischievous, and gifted” while she was a co-captain. She was a young athlete who competed in BMX racing with her brothers and expertly led her team to a national aerobics championship in Queensland.

Esra spent the night of March 31 at a friend’s house for a sleepover. Tragically, she inhaled a can of aerosol deodorant that evening, which had disastrous consequences. Esra went into cardiac arrest, resulting in irreversible brain damage.

Andrea, the mother, told Langdon during the interview that “it was simply her usual habit of going to spend time with her friends.” “We were always aware of her whereabouts and the people she was with,” Paul, the father, said.

It was nothing out of the ordinary. However, receiving a phone call late at night like that was one of the last things any parent wanted to hear, and sadly, we did: “Come and pick up your daughter.”

Esra’s friends initially thought she was having a panic attack, according to Langdon. However, after inhaling deodorant, her body began to shut down, resulting in cardiac arrest. Unfortunately, none of the people at the sleepover knew what to do in the event of a cardiac arrest.

Langdon, a mother, struggled to hold back her tears when the young girl died as a result of the popular chroming trend.

Andrea arrived next to Esra and encountered paramedics who were attempting to resuscitate her daughter. They informed Andrea that Esra had been chroming, a term she had never heard of before that moment.

Esra was taken to the hospital, where her parents held out hope that their beloved daughter would recover. Despite her heart and lungs’ strength, there was a glimmer of hope for her recovery.

After eight agonizing days of being kept alive by life support, Paul and Andrea learned that Esra’s brain had suffered irreversible damage. They had to make the difficult decision to withdraw life support with heavy hearts.

Langdon, a mother, struggled to hold back her tears when the young girl died as a result of the popular chroming trend.
IMAGE: A Current Affair

Esra’s parents expressed their anguish at having to end their daughter’s life, despite finding it difficult to articulate their emotions and reliving the most distressing day of their lives.

When asked to gather their loved ones at the hospital to say their final goodbyes, Esra’s father expressed how difficult this task would be for such a young soul. They placed her on a bed so they could lie beside her and comfort her until the end.

Langdon, who had two young children herself, found it impossible to suppress her emotions after witnessing Esra’s parents’ overwhelming anguish.

Following Esra’s death in early April, Paul expressed that the family was devastated and shattered by the loss. Imogen, Seth, and Charlie, Esra’s siblings, were particularly affected by the tragedy.

“It was an utterly devastating experience, not only for us but also for everyone involved, including her friends,” Paul said.

“This has been the most difficult and traumatic period that any parent could ever go through.” We’ve been sleepless, unable to eat, and unable to find joy or be ourselves… However, it is affecting the entire community, not just us.”

Paul and his wife had never heard of chroming until it tragically took their daughter’s life, and they are now on a mission to raise awareness about this deadly viral trend.

Chroming is becoming increasingly popular among teenagers due to its ease of access via commonly available products such as deodorant, paint, hairspray, and even permanent markers.

Langdon, a mother, struggled to hold back her tears when the young girl died as a result of the popular chroming trend.

Paul expressed regret to a local news station that he was not aware of chroming while Esra was still alive, as it would have allowed him to warn her about the risks involved.

“If we had been informed and the knowledge had been widely spread,” he said, “we would have definitely had a discussion about it around our kitchen table.”

Paul emphasized the importance of providing direct information to young people rather than relying on friends or social media.

“We need to step up our efforts and ensure that these kids get firsthand information, rather than relying on friends or social media,” he said. This way, they can receive accurate guidance from the start.”

Paul intends to educate parents so that they can educate their own children and potentially save their lives.

He emphasises the importance of parents having open and gentle conversations with their children, as well as ensuring that they discuss the subject together.

Paul admits that they were unaware of what was going on, emphasizing the importance of parents being proactive in initiating these critical discussions.

Since 2009, the dreadful phenomenon of chroming has tragically claimed the lives of numerous children not only in Australia but also around the world.

Chroming, which has been linked to seizures, heart attacks, suffocation, sudden sniffing death, comas, and organ failure, is appealing to young people seeking an instant, short-term euphoria.

Paul and Langdon discussed the indelible images etched in their minds that could never be erased. He described their gut-wrenching impact and devastation, saying, “Our emotions were shattered, leaving us with an overwhelming sense of loss.”

Father's warning to other parents after 13-year-old daughter Esra died from chroming

We can’t imagine the anguish that a family feels when they have to make the heartbreaking decision to withdraw life support from their child. Our heartfelt condolences and sympathies go out to the Haynes family and all those who were touched by Esra’s presence.

Please share this story with everyone you know as a vital reminder to educate parents about the dangers of this deadly trend. We can help parents protect their children’s lives by raising awareness.

Must READ!

Inspiring story of a mother’s courage in raising a child with a birth defect. Amy Ward, who is 24 years old and lives in Illinois, had her son Elijah on January 31, 2020. He was born with a rare condition called amniotic band syndrome. Amy posted pictures of Elijah on the social media, but she had to deal with some disgusting comments from trolls. But she never gave up. Read the Full story here…

Similar Posts